Based on the book from Renegade Arts Entertainment and re-imagined for the tablet by the National Film Board of Canada, this immersive interactive graphic novel brings history to life.
The Loxleys and the War of 1812 follows a fictional family from Upper Canada torn apart by the conflict with the United States some 200 years ago.
Experience this key event in Canada’s history through journal entries, letters and beautifully animated, historically accurate illustrations by a team of award-winning comic book artists.
– 80 pages of illustrations
– captivating cinematic soundtrack
– interactive map that pinpoints the action
– educational study guide available on nfb.ca/1812/guide
– comic written by Alan Grant
– pencils and inks by Claude St. Aubin
– letters by Todd Klein
– colours by Lovern Kindzierski
– historical research by Mark Zuehlke
Produced by the National Film Board of Canada in partnership with the Department of Canadian Heritage.